When you undertake a kitchen remodel, you will be faced with dozens of choices. One of those choices is selecting your new kitchen sink. There are countless styles of kitchen sinks on the market, all of which offer different and unique advantages. When you remodel your kitchen with About Kitchens & More, we can help you narrow your search by realizing what factors are most important to you. The three factors to consider for any kitchen sink are materials, configuration, and style. Read on to learn more about what falls into each category.
The Sink Material
There are many sink materials you can choose from. A few of the most popular are:
- Stainless Steel Sinks: This fits into nearly every kitchen design and is highly durable. While metal can be scratched, it can also be buffed out. Newer stainless steel sinks are not as noisy as traditional models and are easy to clean.
- Porcelain Sinks: This beautiful material comes in many color choices and works well in traditional-style kitchens. However, they can chip or scuff easily, so they must be treated carefully.
- Composite Sinks: These sinks are resistant to chips and scratches and don’t form watermarks. They are easy to take care of but can be at a higher price point.
Kitchen Sink Configuration
Most kitchen sinks people grew up with were one or maybe two basins. Traditional sink configurations used to be more rigid, as more people used to wash all dishes by hand. Now that most homes have dishwashers installed, you can get a little more creative with your sink configuration. Consider your options:
- One Kitchen Sink Basin: The single basin offers an attractive, streamlined look. It is also versatile, allowing many items to go in at once. You can also buy add-ons to make your food prep easier.
- Two Basin Sinks: You can choose between two equal-sized basins or basins of different sizes. Dual basins with a smaller sink allow for food prep to happen simultaneously with the cleanup. The smaller basin isn’t ideal for soaking pots or pans, however. Two basins of equal size can give you a symmetrical design and let you wash and soak while prepping.
- Triple-Bowl Sinks: These sinks consist of two large bowls with a small basin in the middle for food prep.
Kitchen Sink Style
You can choose from numerous kitchen sink designs, with the best choice often depending on your broader kitchen design. A few popular options include:
- The Farmhouse Sink: This sink always looks beautiful and makes a statement.
- Undermount Sinks: Create a seamless look from countertop to sink, and they are easy to clean.
- Prep Sinks: These sinks are secondary and often installed on the kitchen island. Adding accessories can make them very practical for food prep.
When you work with the experienced remodeling team at About Kitchens & More, you can find the best kitchen sink for your new, stunning kitchen design.
PROFESSIONAL DESIGN AND REMODELING SERVICES FROM ABOUT KITCHENS AND BATHS
About Kitchens and Baths has the Annapolis community abuzz with excitement over our stellar home renovation services. With an approximate timeline of only three weeks and two days for project completion, we outshine the competition in our reliability. From tear-out to design, all aspects of each renovation project are handled in-house by our expert team. We ensure customer satisfaction and consistent quality for all remodeling services. Visit our showroom to meet the About Kitchens team and discuss your design goals. Our home renovation services are versatile and detail-oriented, supporting all styles, features, and rooms. While kitchens and bathrooms are our primary focus, we also channel our skills to assist home office and laundry room renovations. The sky’s the limit! Call us at 410-573-0877 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out our contact form today!