When selecting your bathroom sink, style and function do not have to exclude each other. Depending on your bathroom style, you may even prefer different sinks. Some of the most popular bathroom sink designs are vanity, wall-mounted, pedestal, undermount, and vessel. Deciding on which is best for your room means considering the size of your vanity and bathroom, the style of your bathroom, and how often you might be using the sink. Learn more about each popular sink style to consider whether one is best for your new bathroom remodel.
Vanity sinks are designed to fit the cabinet they sit on. The base and walls of the sink are one solid piece fitted to form to the top of the cabinet. You may have storage underneath, including shelving or drawers, spending on the cabinet style. What are more benefits?
- These sinks are very easy to clean
- Placed directly atop your vanity
- Available in many shapes, finishes, sizes, and faucet configurations
Wall-mounted sinks notably have no cabinetry support around them. They are bolted into the wall and connect directly to the water supply. These can be found in flat wall arrangements and space-saving corner units. What are the other benefits?
- More of the floor is exposed, which makes cleanup easier and makes your bathroom appear larger
- It provides an uncluttered, minimalist look
- Ideal option for small bathrooms
- Available in many shapes, sizes, and faucet configurations
Pedestal sinks are a classic bathroom sink design that provides simple elegance. There is no counter space, and the sink’s base is a tall pillar made from the same material as the sink itself.
- These sinks are stylish while being quite versatile for different bathroom designs
- A good option for your powder room
- Available in a one- or two-piece design
- Available in many shapes, sizes, and finishes
An undermount sink is installed below a cutout in the vanity. These bathroom sink designs are noticeable by their flat countertop, with the sink out of sight. There is no defined edge on the sink because the sink is mounted to the underside of the countertop.
- The faucets are mounted to the vanity top or wall rather than in the sink directly
- The flush design makes cleanup easy
- Maximizes your available counter space
- Available in a range of shapes, finishes, and sizes
A vessel sink is perhaps the most unique and stylish bathroom sink option. The vessel has a unique bowl design and sits on top of the countertop or vanity rather than inside. These sinks are often quite modern and can be in highly artistic shapes and colors.
- These sinks are very stylish and highly customizable
- Available in many sizes, shapes, and finishes
However, these sinks require specific faucet types to account for the additional sink height.
PROFESSIONAL DESIGN AND REMODELING SERVICES FROM ABOUT KITCHENS AND BATHS
About Kitchens and Baths has the Annapolis community abuzz with excitement over our stellar home renovation services. With an approximate timeline of only three weeks and two days for project completion, we outshine the competition in our reliability. From tear-out to design, all aspects of each renovation project are handled in-house by our expert team. We ensure customer satisfaction and consistent quality for all remodeling services. Visit our showroom to meet the About Kitchens team and discuss your design goals. Our home renovation services are versatile and detail-oriented, supporting all styles, features, and rooms. While kitchens and bathrooms are our primary focus, we also channel our skills to assist home office and laundry room renovations. The sky’s the limit! Call us at 410-573-0877 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out our contact form today!