Your new bathroom can be so much more than a room where you care for your personal hygiene. Whether you want to keep it simple or create the mood of your favorite spa, you have many options to choose from to create your new space.
The Bathtub Sets the Mood
In a lot of bathrooms, the tub is the main focal point. This makes a lot of sense, considering It’s one of the largest design elements in the room. Whether you want something more plain, or to make a statement, here’s how to pick out your bathtub:
- If you tend to prefer more traditional or vintage design elements, you may want to consider a claw-foot tub.
- If your tastes run a bit more contemporary, consider placing an extra-deep soaking tub beneath a window.
- For a true in-home spa experience, consider a tub with room enough for two, or a jetted tub.
The Shower Adds Elegance
The bath tub might be the most important, but the shower is a close second. Shower design considerations include:
- How much space is available? Combining the tub and shower can save a lot of space.
- How do you want it to be enclosed? Choose a framed or frameless door, or you can opt for a shower curtain.
- What sort of shower head do you want? There are many, many options to choose from here: wall-mounted, steam, rainfall, dual shower heads, and more.
Flooring that Makes a Statement
Have some fun and unleash your creativity when choosing the flooring for your bathroom. There are some flooring choices that will provide more safety, make sure you strike a proper balance of form and function.
- Traditional ceramic tile is available in a wide variety of colors, shapes, and sizes. It can also be used to add in those special custom details that will make your bathroom unique.
- If you have a smaller space, consider laying down the same tile that is on the rest of the bathroom floor in the shower. This will create a more uniform look and make a small space feel bigger. It also looks quite nice.
- Textured tile, such as stone or slate, would add a touch of the dramatic and help to prevent slipping when the floor is wet.
Add a Splash of Color with Countertops
The countertops and backsplash of your bathroom can really tie the space together.
- Light colors will help
the spacefeel bright and clean, and can even help it feel larger.
- Darker colors add romance and elegance to
If you’ve got the space and you’ll be sharing your new bathroom, consider adding “his and hers” sinks. A second sink can save you both some time when getting ready!
PROFESSIONAL DESIGN AND REMODELING SERVICES FROM ABOUT KITCHENS AND BATHS
About Kitchens and Baths has the Annapolis community abuzz with excitement over our stellar home renovation services. With an approximate timeline of only three weeks and two days for project completion, we outshine the competition in our reliability. From tear out to design, all aspects of each renovation project are handled in house by our expert team. We ensure customer satisfaction and consistent quality for all remodeling services. Visit our showroom to meet the About Kitchens team and discuss your design goals. Our home renovation services are versatile and detail-oriented, supporting all styles, features, and rooms. While kitchens and bathrooms are our primary focus, we also channel our skills to assist home office and laundry room renovations. The sky’s the limit! Call us at 410-573-0877 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out our contact form today!